The Physician Leadership Scholarship program is now accepting applications for IHI’s virtual program: Finding and Creating Joy in Work!
About the course:
“An epidemic of burnout among health care professionals is affecting quality, safety, and health care system performance. To help reverse the worrying trend, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) partnered with experts around the world to create Finding and Creating Joy in Work, beginning March 5, 2019. This 12-week online course full of new thinking, resources, strategies, frameworks, and solutions will help workforces truly thrive — not just survive.” – IHI
After completing this 12-week virtual course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the value of increasing joy in work at your organization
- Discuss key leadership behaviors that raise staff engagement and improve joy
- Discuss joy in work with staff using a “what matters to you” framing
- Identify how behaviors that increase joy in work improve patient safety and other outcomes
- Identify and test at least two changes in your organization that will lead to greater joy in work
- Identify at least two measures you can use to determine if joy in work is increasing at your organization
Step 1: How to apply for funding
To apply for funding, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application form. Submit this completed for to: email@example.com. Scholarship funding is available for physicians who are actively and independently practicing in BC. For this particular online course, VP medicine endorsement is not required.
Step 2: How to register
Once you have received a funding approval letter, you will be provided with registration information including a group discount code. As this is a virtual course the deadline for registration is March 18, 2019 (2 weeks after course start date).
If you have any additional questions about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org