The Physician Wellness and Social Committee is pleased to bring the Haven Communications Model to the South Island MSA! Register here.
This online learning opportunity will be open to a limited number of participants, with sessions on:
Tuesday, August 11 – 18.30 – 20.00 (evening, mandatory)
Tuesday, August 18 – 18.30 – 20.00 (evening, mandatory)
Tuesday, August 25 – 18.30 – 19.30 (evening, optional)
This experiential opportunity to learn and practice The Haven’s Communication Model with a team of skilled facilitators offers a doorway into communicating and connecting when it really matters.
This program is for you if you want to…
- communicate in ways that improve your relationships with friends, family and work colleagues;
- connect and learn new skills in a more personal way;
- more comfortably share what is really up for you in these challenging Covid-19 times;
- discover ways to stay more engaged in difficult conversations, conflict and other challenging situations;
- expand your self-awareness and communicate more directly with empathy and clarity; and
- slow down, get curious and be a better listener.
As we navigate these uncertain times – at home, in our work, and in our communities –tension, anxiety or a sense of missing contact may be front and centre for us or nibbling at our edges.
Maybe you’ve just done a shift at the hospital and come home to a partner who’s been working at a computer in isolation all day. You’re both tired. You’re each seeing the world more and more differently these days. It’s hard to know where to begin.
Perhaps you’ve been juggling supporting your kids doing school online with your own work commitments and need to stay current with work colleagues. Suddenly in a moment of lost patience you’ve over-reacted and can’t imagine talking to anyone right now.
Whatever your circumstances, the need to make space for respectful dialogue is both important and urgent in our lives. Our health and wellness depend on it.
The Haven’s Communication Model offers an accessible map and set of tools to improve communication and enhance self-awareness – a path to recover your curiosity and generosity of spirit, bring increased clarity to your interactions, and support finding your way out of misunderstandings and into deeper connections with others.
These interactive online sessions are a great introduction to working with the Communication Model, offering opportunities to learn new skills and create more possibilities for connection at work, at home and in your life generally. You’ll be invited to connect with others, practice your skills, and consider how you want to take what you learn back into your lives.
These two 90-minute sessions include:
- Experiential learning with experienced leaders and online technical support;
- Opportunities to connect with others and practice skills in pairs or trios;
- A chance to reflect, integrate and practice between sessions;
- Time to consider how you want to take what you’ve learned back into your life; and
- An optional check-in session with facilitators on August 25th, 6:30-7:30pm (a week after the program) with opportunities to share your experience, ask questions and get some added coaching.
About The Haven: The Haven is a not-for-profit centre for transformative learning with a campus on Gabriola Island, BC. For over 35 years, thousands of people have been transforming their lives through an innovative curriculum created by our co-founders, Dr. Bennet Wong and Dr. Jock McKeen. Our campus is currently closed in response to COVID-19, but we’re excited to be offering some of our world-renowned programming online. Whether we’re meeting face-to-face or in the digital space, we offer deep healing, transformation, connection, and growth in community.