The South Island MSA represents the medical staff in general and speaks for the individual medical staff member in particular, in order to have an engaged medical staff at RJH and VGH who work collaboratively with each other and with our Health Authority partners.
South Island Medical Staff Association will achieve its vision by:
- Ensuring effective communication between the medical staff, administration and the Board of Directors of the health authority.
- Supporting physician engagement and quality improvement within our facilities.
- Fostering physician-to-physician relationships to improve professional and collegial bonds.
- Partnering with the Health Authority and other organizations for support and implementation of these activities.
- Increase physician involvement across disciplines and facilities to ensure a broad range of engagement and perspectives.
- Engage with membership to determine ongoing priorities.
- Facilitate collaboration between stakeholders and partners to develop agreed upon values to guide the way we work with one another.
- Undertake and support physician-led engagement and quality improvement projects.