Small acts of professionalism, dedication, and leadership can have a profound impact on the care of both patients and providers. The South Island MSA recognizes its members who are significant contributors to our community through these Annual Recognition Awards. Previous award recipients are listed here.
Four categories have been created, each of which is tied to the mission of the South Island MSA:
- Awards for Communications Leadership: Facilitated effective communication between the medical staff, administration, and Board of Directors of the Health Authority
- Awards for Innovation Leadership: Led physician engagement and quality improvement within our facilities, making a significant improvement to patient and/or provider care
- Awards for Community Leadership: Fostered physician-to-physician relationships to improve professional and collegial bonds
- Awards for Collaborative Leadership: Partnered with the Health Authority/other organizations to lead change.
- Candidates must have been active members of the South Island Medical Staff Association during the calendar year. Members of the Executive are excluded from consideration.
- Candidates may be nominated by members of the Medical Staff and/or by Medical Administrators.
- Nominations must be received at least 2 weeks in advance of the Annual General Meeting.
- Nominations may be submitted by email to email@example.com, or through this online nomination form.
Adjudication and Presentation of Awards:
- The Executive of the South Island MSA will serve as the Adjudication Committee. Candidates will be considered using information provided through the nomination process, award criteria, nature and degree of contribution to the organization, and additional supporting information where possible.
- Awards will be presented at the Annual General Meeting of the South Island Medical Staff Association.
- Award winners will also be acknowledged through the South Island MSA Newsletter and website.