One of the key roles of the South Island MSA is to support its members.
We have a caring team of physicians who is here to support their colleagues through difficult times, or to help you find clinical resources. Let us know if you need help, or if you are a physician who would like to be a peer supporter.
Disciplinary Action Support
If you are facing disciplinary action, a number of resources exist to support you:
- The Medical Staff Rules and Medical Staff Bylaws define the processes and expectations around discipline and behaviour.
- The Enhanced Medical Staff Support process is outlined in a comprehensive toolkit.
- For situations involving one physician, the Doctors of BC Regional Advisor and Advocate is available to support you
- Confidential Peer Support is available through the South Island MSA
- The Canadian Medical Protective Association provides medico-legal help and advice
- Not sure where to go? Let us know and we can help.