If you’re looking at this page, it’s because you are new to the South Island MSA or thinking of coming here. Either way, welcome!
The South Island MSA is here to ensure that what matters to doctors is shared, both among each other and with Island Health. We are here to help you flourish in your new location, find joy in your workplace, and be part of the community of medical staff who support and provide high quality care. This relies on trusting relationships, which we are here to facilitate, support, and help bring to life!
What's the best way to get up to speed on all things MSA?
- The South Island Medical Staff Association (MSA) represents all physicians at the Royal Jubilee and Victoria General Hospitals. The organization’s vision is an engaged medical community at RJH and VGH that works collaboratively with practitioners and our Health Authority partners to optimize quality patient care and provider well-being.
- The recently updated Medical Staff Rules are key for you to understand.
- We hold quarterly meetings to discuss issues of importance to the Medical Staff, and to enable networking with fellow physicians.
- We're inviting all physicians to join us in the Virtual Doctors' Lounge to meet other new docs, experienced locals, and special guests. Bring your questions or just listen in.
What about resources?
- Our website is a great one-stop shop, with links to upcoming events and current and archived news.
- Our New Physician Welcome Package contains useful and up-to-date information to support you and your family’s transition to Island life. It includes professional, personal and community resources to help you get settled in our community, both personally and professionally. We’re updating this now, so please stay tuned.
- We also have a New Practice Checklist to help you cover off all your To Dos.
- Island Health’s Medical Staff website is an excellent resource for Island Health news, events, onboarding information, physician recognition and professional development support.
- Our 2020 Storybook and 2020 Annual Report will give you a picture of what the South Island MSA is all about.
Looking to get involved?
- Through Facility Engagement funding, we offer micro-grants for engagement projects. Let us know if you have a great idea and we'll get you set up to apply!
- Our weekly newsletters are sent on Thursdays. Keep your eyes open for them!
- The Physician Wellness and Social Committee (link) is a group of physicians with a passion for improving the well-being, engagement and resilience of their colleagues. We're always looking for new members!
We're happy to answer any questions you might have or provide support as you start or continue to make Victoria your home. Please don’t hesitate to contact us – we’re here to help!