The following physician wellness resources continue to be available to support BC physicians:
- Offers confidential support, counseling, referral and health system navigation support for physicians, medical trainees and their families for a wide range of issues such as mental health concerns, relationship issues, life transitions, financial issues and more.
- 24/7 Confidential Helpline: 1 800 663 6729
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free drop-in Zoom meetings every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month at 12pm. Sessions are hosted by PHP consulting psychiatrist, Dr. Jennifer Russel and Manager, Clinical Services and Registered Clinical Counselor, Roxanne Joyce.
- Participants can attend sessions as they choose, can join to just listen, or join anonymously. Previous discussion topics have included addressing and preventing burnout, setting boundaries personally and professionally, managing work-life balance, parenting during COVID, and others. Contact email@example.com to register.
- A virtual, safe space for physicians and medical learners to gather to discuss shared experiences, get support, seek advice and help each other. CMA Virtual group support sessions are led by trained facilitators, are available each week. There are sessions on mindful parenting, compassion rounds, psychological first aid, stress reduction and more.
- Provides original CMA content and curated resources and information from trusted sources for physicians, residents and medical students seeking guidance and self-help. A specific area for leaders may be helpful to Divisions and MSAs.