Medical staff at Island Health are invited to attend a special regional all-physician workflow validation session. Your perspective and experience would be highly appreciated in this critical step in our regional adoption of electronic health records.
If you have not already received an Outlook invitation to this session and wish to attend, please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will follow up with full details and a Zoom link. (If you have already responded to the Outlook invitation, you do not need to respond again.)
All medical staff who attend will be compensated based on the sessional rate.
The session will be facilitated by Clinical Informatics and the IHealth project team.
What is the focus of this regional workflow validation session?
Regional workflow validation is the opportunity to validate electronic workflows and site-specific processes to identify gaps, risks, and changes in practice, to inform design and build of electronic workflows. The session will focus on:
- Admissions, transfers and discharges
- Transfers in care
- Electronic ordering (Computerized Provider Order Entry) and associated clinical documentation processes
- Medication administration and documentation
Why should I attend the all-physician workflow validation session?
- Contribute as an expert and a representative of your area to review design and workflow recommendations for future state workflows
- Help identify and support decisions that need to be escalated to governance groups and participate in the decision-making process
- Be an advocate for the transformation in your profession and practice