Sponsored by the Specialist Services Committee on behalf of the Joint Collaborative Committees, we are pleased to invite you to our upcoming on-line workshop led by physicians for physicians of BC.
Specialists and Family Physicians please join us for this workshop to discuss the issues related to equity, diversity, and inclusion in medicine.
· Develop an understanding of the current state of equity, diversity, and inclusion in medicine.
· Define the existing barriers to equity, diversity, and inclusion in medicine from various perspectives. (Indigenous health, gender equity, underrepresentation of racialized groups, LGBTQ+, and transgender health).
· Discuss the importance of representation in medicine.
· Uncover unconscious biases and explore ways to create a safe space in the profession.
· Build a network of colleagues for ongoing collaboration and support.
Facilitator and Presenters
Faisal Khosa, Radiologist, University of British Columbia/Vancouver General Hospital – Facilitator
Marissa Joseph, Dermatologist, University of Toronto
Blair Peters, Plastic Surgeon, Oregon Health & Science University
Shannon McDonald, Acting Chief Medical Officer, First Nations Health Authority
Phil Doiron, Dermatologist, University of Toronto
Ramneek Dosanjh, President, Doctors of BC
RSVP: Please register using this link by Friday, June 24th, 2022, you will be receiving a calendar invite and a personal link to the Zoom meeting to confirm your RSVP