The Physician Health Program in partnership with CBT Skills Society in pleased to announce a physician/resident-specific virtual CBT skills group for any physician or medical resident in the province who wants to practice skills for supporting their own anxiety, depression, and stress. This group is MSP-funded and the physician/resident patient must have DSM or ICD9 code for referral. We have currently have 10 spots available and would like to open this opportunity to anyone in your networks. Feel free to copy and paste the info below to share or use the attached document.
Dates: Tuesday June 6, 2023 – Tuesday August 1, 2023
Time: 08:00am – 09:45am
Schedule: June 6, June 13, June 20, June 27, July 4, July 11, July 25, August 1st. Note: July 18th is skipped.
What is offered?
- 8-week series of 1.5-2h sessions, led by a Psychiatrist Dr. Jennifer Barley
- Online, on Zoom, 15 participants per group.
Whom will this serve?
- B.C. Physicians and Medical Residents
- Individuals with a PHQ9 of 18 or less who struggle with anxiety or depression; chronic medical conditions with associated mental distress; insomnia; chronic pain; addictions; eating disorders; hormonal disorders; adjustment disorders; problems with spending, overeating; or other out-of-control behaviours; and attention regulation problems (Psychiatric Diagnosis ICD9 code must be provided on referral form).
- No cognitive impairment; active psychosis, mania, or dissociation, substance use disorder which impacts group-based learning, or personality disorder that may impact with group process.
What will you need to participate?
- Availability to attend all 8 sessions
- Computer, laptop, or handheld device with Zoom app and webcam
How does a physician/resident enroll?
- Fill out this form, indicate PHYSICAN GROUP on the form in the additional notes section, and email to CBT Skills Society (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com. There will be another group in the Fall if you are interested but unable to make this time work.