Island Health is now providing PowerChart access (view-only) to Medical Office Assistants (MOA) in the community.
To ensure MOAs receive community access in a timely manner, please follow the steps below:
- Prior to requesting MOA access, ensure the responsible community provider(s) already has PowerChart access. If providers do not have access to PowerChart, please contact the appropriate Island Health team prior to requesting access:
- CommunityEHR@viha.ca – Community based non-privileged providers that require “view-only” PowerChart access.
- Credentialing_Office@viha.ca – For a provider seeking hospital privilege.
- Complete and submit the MOA Intake Form to MOAPowerChart@viha.ca.
- Our team will contact you via email with an Information Sharing Agreement to complete and return.
- Once the Information Sharing Agreement is returned to us, within approximately two weeks you will receive your account information and instructions to complete the education module. The education is an eLearning module which takes up to 1 hour to complete.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact MOAPowerChart@viha.ca.