When an unexpected clinical outcome occurs, we know the experience can be devastating for the patient, their family and the healthcare professionals involved. Island Health is committed to ensuring that the disclosure of unexpected clinical outcomes occur in a timely, transparent, consistent and supportive manner. By completing the Saegis Communicating Unexpected Outcomes (CUO) for Clinicians course, you can better equip yourself with enhanced communication skills, which will support you and your teams through these often difficult circumstances.
Starting this fall, we are encouraging staff, medical staff and leadership within Island Health to participate in the accredited* 4-hour, online training course, Saegis CUO for Clinicians. The Saegis CUO for Clinicians course is free of charge and delivered via Zoom in two, 2-hour sessions (spaced one week apart). There are up to ~130 seats available between November 2022 and February 2023. Do not wait—register for your spot today!
By enrolling in the Saegis Communicating Unexpected Outcomes (CUO) for Clinicians course you can expect to:
- Improve you and your team’s transparency and communications with patients/families
- Develop enhanced communication skills
- Effectively support your team, patients and families when faced with potentially difficult conversations
- Help reduce feelings of isolation and foster a positive culture of patient safety
Sign up on LearningHub today for any of the upcoming training sessions. Please note: You must sign up for the same training cohort for both Part 1 & Part 2:
- Saegis Communicating Unexpected Outcomes (CUO) for Clinicians (Part 1)
- Saegis Communicating Unexpected Outcomes (CUO) for Clinicians (Part 2)
*Saegis CUO for Clinicians is accredited for 18.0 MOC RCPSC and 18 Mainpro+ CFPC, more details regarding CME credits available at: Accreditation – Saegis.
For any other questions or help signing up, please reach out to the Island Health Disclosure Project Lead (Xela.Rysstad@islandhealth.ca).