The Joint Collaborative Committees (JCCs) have partnered with Len Pierre Consulting and Tsawout First Nation to host a cultural experiential learning session for physicians on Thursday, May 11th, 2023, from 5:00-9:00pm.
Physicians will experience:
- A deeper understanding about residential school trauma
- Cultural safety education through interactive cultural learning within the First Nation community
- Traditional food, dwelling, songs, protocols, language, history and stories
- Connect with local health staff and providers that work in the First Nation community
- A learning experience that encourages on-going learning and relationship building between participants and Indigenous communities
This session will be located at Tsawout Longhouse, 7728 Tetayut Rd, in Saanichton. Please share this invitation with your members. Registration is limited to 40 participants, so please register early through this link. Please note that sessionals will be covered by the JCCs. Per the JCC Honoraria & Sessional Reimbursement Guidelines mileage of fewer than 50kms one way will not be reimbursed, and we will be unable to reimburse for flights and/or accommodations, see link. JCC Honorarium & Sessional Reimbursement Guidelines.pdf
For further questions, please contact email@example.com.