Powered by the Inter-Cultural Association (ICA), the Greater Victoria Local Immigration Partnership (GVLIP) and the Refugee Readiness Team of Vancouver Island (RRT-VI), we are pleased to invite you to “Newcomers Navigating Healthcare”.
This community dialogue is especially designed for people interested in improving access to our healthcare system and examining the challenges that English language learners might face when accessing healthcare.
Join us to:
- Learn how immigrants navigate our healthcare system.
- Learn how social determinants of health such as language, culture, gender, and displacement adds complexity to health encounters.
- Connect with healthcare professionals to discuss specific case studies, recognize challenges, and find ways to overcome them.
- Learn how to use the Provincial Language Services‘ interpretation and translation tools.
At the end of the event, we hope to leave you with:
- Increased understanding of how the current crisis in health care is impacting immigrants and the healthcare professionals that treat them.
- More information on tools that are available to facilitate health visits for immigrants.
- A sense of community: We are in this together and we are here to provide support and collaborate with you!
This event is in-person and includes a complementary buffet lunch. Masks are welcome and available. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/newcomers-navigating-healthcare-tickets-574831665987.