The South Island FEI Working Group has approved limited funding to support physician engagement activities in preparation for COVID-19 clinical requirements. Please also see further details from the President here.
What CAN be funded? Please remember we are bound by FE Funding Guidelines
- An extraordinary meeting for Divisions to complete planning and contingency work
- COVID simulations (especially if cross-departmental or with HA staff)
- Wellness work to support South Island MSA members
- Planning, contingency work, and emergency meetings among Divisions or Departments may be considered.
- All included activities must be related to COVID and are outside of usual clinical practice.
- No activities should be considered precedent setting for the future.
- Meetings and activities held on or after Wednesday, March 11th will be considered.
- Please keep track of all hours spent on COVID preparation (names, dates, durations, topics, outcomes). If we’re not able to fund it, we’d like to collect a representative picture of all work that ISN’T being paid for.
What CANNOT be funded?
- Clinical equipment, supplies, and care
- Preparation activities for when life gets back to normal (i.e. dealing with waitlists)
- N95 fittings, donning and doffing practice
- Standing meetings
How do I let SI-FEI know about an eligible meeting/simulation?
- Send your Information Organizer (or delegate) the date, duration, participants, meeting/simulation purpose, and outcomes.
- We will submit time claims on your behalf and get payments out ASAP.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com